Grounds Maintenance Specialists Ltd (GMS Ltd) are committed to the continuous improvements of our environmental performance, as part of our overall goal of implementing the principles of sustainable development in all areas of our work. Our aim is to ensure that environmental objectives are integrated into relevant business objectives in a cost-effective manner.
Working towards ISO 1400 we recognise that many of our activities have an impact on the environment and we aim to conduct our business and operations to reflect best environmental practice. We aim to implement an environmental management system appropriate to the location, scale and nature of our activities to demonstrate our commitment to protecting the environment.
Specifically, we will:
- Strive to meet and where appropriate exceed all relevant environmental legislation and regulatory codes of practice;
- Review all for our activities, operations and procedures to identify and evaluate their environmental impact and set priorities for addressing these;
- Minimise any negative environmental effects caused by our operations and activities, use energy efficiently and minimise waste and pollution;
- Purchase, wherever possible, environmentally-friendly goods and services and influence our suppliers and contractors to ensure that goods and services procured support our environmental policy;
- Establish recycling schemes for all appropriate waste produced by the business;
- Take measures to increase staff awareness of our environmental performance and individual environmental responsibilities, and ensure that environmental management is included within our staff induction programmes.